Case Studies: Retail Services
Segmentation & Targeting
- Fashion and Apparel Industry, Frequent Shopper Identification and Growth Strategy
- QSR Category, Segmentation and Targeting Strategy
- Global Retail Banking Category, High-potential / High-net Worth Client Identification and Targeting
Strategic & Growth Planning
- Global Franchisor, Five Year Strategic Plans, Vision, Mission, and Goals
- Global Retail Bank Expansion Strategy
Social Media Strategy
- Global Social Media Strategy, International Franchisor
- Sales and Floor Representative Incentive Programs
- Linkage and Integration of Overall Marketing Strategies with Social Media Programs
Positioning & Messaging
Global Retail Banking Category, HIgh-Potential / High-net Worth Client Identification and Targeting
A well-known global bank faced a need to enhance its image and profile while capturing an increasing share of the profitable, affluent segment by transitioning many of its (current and target) affluent customers away from traditional deposit accounts to investments and insurance products.
MCAworks completed detailed qualitative and quantitative research among the affluent segment in 12 countries on four continents. Fundamental needs, problems, concerns, and issues regarding financial services, generally, and investments & insurance, particularly were uncovered. An actionable segmentation scheme and targeting protocol was developed and detailed down to the branch level. Utilizing conjoint and other research techniques, a standardized, global “best bundle” and country-specific strategies were developed.
The bank’s share – and the loyalty – of global affluent customers measurably increased in all target regions, while the implemented strategy has resulted in increased deposit-gathering. The resulting program was instituted in a large number of additional countries, based on that success.